Green Tea Christmas Cookies
- 113 Gram Unsalted butter softened ( Equal to 8 tablespoons)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 64 Grams Granulated sugar (Equal to 1/2 cup)
- 1 Teaspoon Green Tea Powder
- 131 Grams All-Purpose Flour (Equal to 1cup + 2tbps)
For the dough
- In a bowl, rub or cut butter to about pea size, add in salt, sugars, and green tea powder.
- Add in the flour and mix until seeing the crumbles combine together to form a dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. If the dough is chilled longer than 30 minutes, wait 15-20 minutes for it to soften before rolling out.
- Preheat the oven to 150c (300F). Place a parchment paper or lightly grease the baking tray.
For rolling out the dough and cut cookie shapes
- Make sure the table is clean, and lightly flour the surface. Roll out the dough to about 0.5cm, be careful not to roll too thin else the cookies will easily get burnt.
- Use a knife to cut out desired shapes or use cookie cutters – Christmas tree, snowman, ginger man, cookie shape of your choice. Be creative ?
- Lightly place the cookies on the prepared baking tray.
- Put the baking tray in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or when it starts to brown lightly. Take the baking tray out of the oven and let it cool.
- The cookies are done and enjoy! You can decorate them as well.
- If you are using different kinds of sugar, for example, maple sugar, you can cut the sugar measurement to half or adjust with desired sweetness.
- If you like a stronger green tea taste, you can change the measurement. However, be aware that it might change the ratio for sugar as well. Else the cookie can result lightly bitter.